A開頭字母
01.Afford 買得起;負擔得起
Are you sure you can afford a new car right now?
02.Accountable 對某人負有責任、有講解的義務
Patricia is accountable to the CEO.
Hold someone accountable 認為某人該負責任
John was held accountable for the loss.約翰被認為該為損失負責任。
03.Adopt 採用
04.Advise建議上午 10:34 2025/3/7
05.Advertise登廣告…;為…宣導(上午 08:57 2025/3/24)
When we were trying to sell our car, we adversised it on a few different website.
More and more world-renowned universities choose to advertise on social media to attract young people.(越來越多世界知名的大學選擇在社群媒體上打廣告,吸引年輕人。)
C開頭字母
01.chronic 慢性的、長期的
People with chronic heart disease have to be very careful.
有慢性心臟病的人必須非常小心。
02.cling 墨守;堅持
03.cosmetic 化妝品
The shop on the corner specializes in Japanese and Korean cosmetics.
街角那家店專門賣日韓的化妝品。
04.customize (v)❰改製,訂做❱
I like to customize my bicycle with parts I buy online.
我喜歡用在網路上買來的零件改造自己的腳踏車。
05.complicated 複雜的 上午 05:52 2025/4/2
Their friendship is complicated. Sometimes
they are enjoy being together, and sometimes they fight all the time.
D開頭字母
Desirable令人想要,中意的
We have found an nice apartment, but the location is not desirable.
Demonstrate 展現、表現
His facial expressions demonstrated that he had no interest in what we were talking about.
他的臉部表情說明對彼此談話毫無興趣。
The teacher demonstrated genuine concern about her students.
那位老師表達對學生真摯的關心。
discomfort(上午 08:05 2021/7/16)
E開頭字母
01.Epiture 美食家;老饕
Kathy in an epicure.She has eaten in over a hundred of Michelin restaurants.
凱西是位美食家,她已經嘗遍超過100家米其林餐廳。
I開頭字母
incur帶來(成本、花費等);引起
Please detail any costs/expenses incurred by you in attending the interview.
請詳細列出你參加這次面試所產生的一切費用。
We are going to incur a lot of costs when we redecorate the kitchen.
L開頭字母
01.loan (n)❰借款;貸款❱
Most people get a loan from the bank to buy a house.
大部分的人都會跟銀行貸款買房子。
大部分的人都會跟銀行貸款買房子。
F開頭字母
01.Feedback(上午 08:03 2025/3/8)
We received a lot of feedback about the concert last Saturday.
02.Foremost 最重要的;最著名的(上午 11:53 2025/3/26)
Jackie was just accepted into Singapore's foremost university.
03.Figure out something /somebody弄清楚;弄明白(上午 10:17 2025/3/29)
Christy has had three jobs since graduated from the college,and she still can not figure out what she wants to do.
G開頭字母
01.garment 衣著 衣物(上午 10:15 2025/3/22)
When hiking in the mountains. You need to
take some warm garments in case it gets cool.
M開頭字母
01.moderate(上午 10:02 2025/3/14)
02.monument 紀念碑;歷史遺跡(上午 05:33 2025/3/26)
The town build a monument to the men that were killing in the war.
O開頭字母
oversleep 睡過頭(2025-03-03)
I missed the bus this morning because I overslept again.
P開頭字母
01.prevent(上午 10:02 2025/3/14)
02.prestige名望 聲望(下午 02:42 2025/6/23)
There are a lot of prestige associated with being a bank president.
R開頭字母
01.regret(上午 10:34 2025/3/7)
02.recommend(上午 10:00 2025/3/14)
03.reject
S開頭字母
01.Suppress 壓抑;控制(下午 11:43 2020/3/9)
Joanne was not supposed to talk during the meeting, so she suppress her desire to speak.
02.Solar-powered太陽能的
The professor Hill helped his students design a solar-powered car last semester.
03.slam 重重地摔上
Sam ran around the corner and slammed into Mary, causing her drop her books.
T開頭字母
01.taboo 禁忌、忌諱(上午 12:52 2020/3/4)
Betty Ford bravely broke the taboo and spoke out about her breast cancer.
Discussing money has always been a social taboo in Britain.
There's a big taboo around homosexuality in some communities
My husband has been very caring and thoughtful.我的先生一直以來非常有愛心跟體貼。
Discussing money has always been a social taboo in Britain.
There's a big taboo around homosexuality in some communities
02.thoughtful體貼、考慮週到的(上午 08:46 2025/3/4)
That is very thoughtful of you.你真是設想周到。 thought of + 人My husband has been very caring and thoughtful.我的先生一直以來非常有愛心跟體貼。
03.toiletries 盥洗用品
Brenda keeps a pretty basket of toiletries in her guest room for overnight guests to use.
布蘭達在客房備有一個漂亮的盥洗用品籃,讓過夜的客人使用。
V開頭字母
01.value價值觀;價值(上午 10:17 2025/3/29)
When two people posses different values, it can sometimes cause problem in the marriage.
下午 01:04 2020/3/30
才藝表演 talent show
specialize專攻
admission
guarantee
sponsor
allow vs. make
查around vs. about 大約……
sustain
ensure vs. sure
essential vs. optimum
exhausted
insomnia
上午 07:44 2020/4/2
I had insomnia after I was retired from the enemy.I remembered that I went to the medicine store to buy medicine that can help me sleep well.The boss refuse to my , she told me that I might be feel uncomfortable and encourage me exercise more.
lethargic
上午 07:55 2020/4/2
lethargic
I have Monday BULE, so I always feel lethargic in the Monday morning.
reverberate
devour
ensure
sure
Let alone
Save for
Apart from
Inasmuch as
Extensive
Conductive
Drawback
The trip sounds great, but cost is a major drawback.
this plan has only one drawback: it's unworkable
Entry
Nominal
Withhold
Alleviate
上午 08:10 2020/3/25
2020年1月16日國語日報11版
1.in the name of 以……名義
2.fight against 與……對抗
3.be obsessed with 沉迷於……
idiom island
vocabulary village
下午 02:16 2020/3/9
exhausted
lethargic
insomnia
2020-0314學習暫存檔
1/21/2019 11:52:52 AM
Beware當心,注意
Menacing威脅性十足
Hostile 不懷好意
Intruder 入侵者
Taunt 嘲弄、譏諷
Malice 害人之心、惡意
Annoyance 令人不愉快的
Inappropriate 不恰當、不合時宜的
Steer 引導
上午 06:16 2016/6/2
◎ Withdraw 提款
像是闊氣老公就可以這樣跟老婆說:
You can withdraw as much money as you want from my account.(妳想領多少錢都可以從我的帳戶去領。)
或是跟朋友出去時,想要暫時離開一下去領錢,可以說:
Could you give me a second? I need to withdraw some money.(你可以等我一下嗎?我需要領些錢。)
◎Transfer 匯款
要匯款給某人時就可以這樣說:
Transfer + 金額 + to someone
假如經營網路生意,要請消費者匯款到特定帳號時,則可以這樣說:
Please transfer payment to the following account: XX-XXXX-XXXX.(請將款項匯至以下帳戶:XX-XXXX-XXXX。)
實用銀行單字
◎ Bank teller 銀行櫃員
◎ Account 帳戶
┌Savings account 儲蓄帳戶
├Checking account 活期存款帳戶
└Open an account 開戶
◎ Balance 剩餘部分、餘額
◎ Interest 利息 / Interest rate 利率
◎ Bank statement 銀行結單、對帳單
◎ ATM 自動櫃員機
它是 Automated Teller Machine 的縮寫喔!其中 teller 就是上面出現過的銀行櫃員。
【更多精采內容,詳見《希平方》】
上午 08:22 2019/1/16
What do I need to open a bank account?
開立銀行帳戶時需要準備什麼?
2017/2/14(二) What type of account are you interested in opening? Most people get either a savings or a checking account.
您想開設什麼類型的帳戶呢?多數人不是選儲蓄就是支票帳戶。
2017/2/15(三) You earn half a percent of compound interest with a savings account but nothing on a checking account.
您可從儲蓄帳戶獲得 0.5% 的複利利息,但支票帳戶沒有。
2017/2/16(四) Hi, I'd like to withdraw US$500 from my account.
嗨,我想從我的帳戶提領五百美元。
2017/2/17(五) Can you fill out this withdrawal slip, please? And may I have your bankbook as well?
麻煩您填寫這張提款單。也給我您的存摺好嗎?
NO.158 2月號biz互動英語雜誌
下午 03:06 2019/1/10
2019-0110國語日報10版
It means a lot to someone「對某人來說很重要…」
It means a lot to me that you come to my graduation. Thanks you!
你們能來參加我的畢業典禮對,我來說很重要,感謝您們。
I am happy that you can take care of my cat when I am away. It means a lot to me.
很高興我不在時,你可以照顧我的貓。這對我來說很重要。
school sports day學校運動會
long jump跳遠
high jump跳高
relay race接力賽
sprint短跑
hurdle跨欄跑
上午 08:27 2021/7/14
pursue追求、追捕(警察)、追擊
上午 08:33 2021/7/14
notice意識到
inquire 探究,探尋
One of my customer called to inquire about arrive time of his order?
我的其中一位客戶打電話詢問他的訂單何時到達?
May I inquire who is calling?
我可以請問是誰打電話?
Instinctively 本能地、直覺地
I instinctively know the man walking toward me was dangerous, so I went into a convenience store.
上午 08:10 2021/7/18
invoice 發票
Conform
上午 09:05 2020/3/12
conform 服從、遵從、從眾、守社會、傳統習俗
At our school, we are required to conform, and there was no place to originality.
我們學校要求每個人循規蹈矩,容不得創新求變。
遵照,遵守;適應[(+to/with)]
If you don't conform to the traffic laws, you might get hurt.
如果不遵守交通法規,則可能受傷。
Most people willingly conform to the customs of society.
上午 09:15 2020/3/12
conform與obey中文都是遵守,但這都有何不同呢?
交通規則是譯成
traffic laws
traffic rules
law vs. rule 有何不同
沒有留言:
張貼留言