Monday, April 7,2025 10:55:55 AM
I plan to travel in Canada in this summer vacation.
I went abroad before but not Canada.
I hope I can learn many things in Canada, such as custom, English, ice-ball and other items. Although I had never been to Canada, I have learned some simple information about Canada from TV and books.
I really hope make this travel-plan come true quickly.
I plan to travel in Canada in this summer vacation.
I went abroad before but not Canada.
I hope I can learn many things in Canada, such as custom, English, ice-ball and other items. Although I had never been to Canada, I have learned some simple information about Canada from TV and books.
I really hope make this travel-plan come true quickly.
Wednesday, April 9, 2025 8:55:54 AM
說明 : 請將下列的一段中文翻譯成通順、達意且後連貫的英文。
今年暑假我打算去加拿大旅行。我之前會出過國,但不是去加拿大。我希望在加 拿大可以學到許多事,包括加拿大人的風俗、英語、冰上曲棍球等等。雖然我從沒去 過加拿大,但我已從電視和書上獲得一點簡單的資訊。真令人期待啊!
This summer vacation, I plan to go traveling in Canada. I have been abroad before, but not to Canada. I hope that in Canada, I can learn many things such as Canadian customs, English, ice hockey, and so on. Even though I have never been to Canada, I have learned a little about it from television and books. I am really looking forward to going.
Vocabulary
01. 寒假 winter break/vacation
02. Hope vs. wish
03. 冰上曲棍球 ice hockey
04. 令人期待
05. 風土民情 local customs and practice
06. Travel vs Trip
07. 學到新事物 acquire knowledge
08. 旅遊計畫。
01. 寒假 winter break/vacation
02. Hope vs. wish
03. 冰上曲棍球 ice hockey
04. 令人期待
05. 風土民情 local customs and practice
06. Travel vs Trip
07. 學到新事物 acquire knowledge
08. 旅遊計畫。
進階學習
01.今日簡易英文——寒假、春假、暑假怎麼寫?
今天輕鬆一下,介紹寒假、春假、暑假在英文裡的表達,用字簡易、同質性高。在英文裡,假期一般會用 break 或 vacation 來表示,這裡的 break 是名詞,指「休息」,而 vacation 則指「假期、休假、度假」。一般來說,break 較常用指學校放假的時候,而 vacation 比較常用來指職場上不須工作時的假期。
要表示寒假、春假、暑假,只須要在 break 或 vacation 前加上對應的季節即可,分別是:winter break/vacation、spring break/vacation、summer break/vacation。
02. 破解中式英文-關於學習新知的說法
雖然說「學習知識」聽起來挺合理的,中文也常常聽到這樣的用法,但在英文中,knowledge「知識」指的是經過學習這個過程後,你所獲得的結果,而非直接去學習這個結果。所以我們可以這樣說:
get knowledge 獲得知識
gain / acquire knowledge 獲得知識
舉個例子:
Adam gets all his knowledge about politics from watching YouTube videos.(Adam 看 YouTube 影片來獲得和政治相關的知識。)
Andy has acquired detailed knowledge about finance and investment. I think he is ready for the CFA exam.(Andy 已經相當了解金融和投資了。我認為他準備好參加 CFA 考試了。)
那如果是 learn 這個動詞的話,通常後面會加上科目、語言等等,或是說學習做某件事情,例如:
learn Maths / Physics / Biology 學習數學 / 物理 / 生物學
learn English / French / Italian 學習英文 / 法文 / 義大利文
learn to play the piano / to dance / to drive 學習彈鋼琴 / 跳舞 / 開車
舉個例子:
People around the world spend billions of dollars learning English every year, but only a few can really master it.(全世界的人們每年花了幾十億美元學習英文,但只有少數一些人能精通這個語言。)
沒有留言:
張貼留言